Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Superbowl 42... What a game!!!..........


I believe it's safe to say that almost everyone on Sunday evening was glued to their television sets watching the Superbowl 42. I know I was!! The game was an exciting nailbiter from start to finish... not only because many people lost alot of money in pools and bets (sad to report that i didn't win in the pool at my job ;(...but thats another story) but because the Giants played such a great game! They definately made their fans proud! Going into the game, nobody really knew who would win because the Patriots were previously undefeated but sadly ended up with an almost perfect season. In my opinion, just making it to the Superbowl is a great accomplishment that any team should be proud of, although winning it and having a perfect season is a lifetime dream so i guess it could be a little disappointing. But both teams did well and should be very proud. The Giants quarterback Eli Manning was named the MVP (most valuable player) just a year after his older brother Peyton for the Indianapolis Colts. I thought it was nice that Peyton Manning was there watching the game and supporting his little brother while he completed 19 of 34 passes for two touchdowns. Overall, it was the most exciting football game I have ever watched...although I was disappointed in the advertisements, they are usually so much better... According to Coughlin, "Every team is beatable, you never know, the right moment, the right time, every team is beatable". I am just glad that the New York Giants beat the Patriot 17-14!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/04/sports/football/04game.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Superbowl+42&st=nyt&oref=slogin

No comments: