Sunday, April 27, 2008

My school getaway.....




Every Tuesday and Thursday I have three classes with a very long break in between them. My first class ends at 10:35 in the morning and my next class isn't until 1:30 in the afternoon. What is someone supposed to do with all of that time on their hands?? There is the occasional time where I will need to go to the library and use the computer to try and get some work done but most of the time I do not feel like sticking around my campus for almost three hours. I am lucky that two of my friends have the same time off in between classes. So instead of being bored around campus my friends an I decide to go on little adventures... One day my friend Marie took us to get pizza in Brooklyn, a place called L&B Pizza. I had said that I had never been there before so she said that we had to go. Ever since that day I can't get enough of it. I would have to say that it was by far the best pizza I ever had. From now on, every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays during our long break in between our classes, we escape to L&B Pizza! Tasting this remarkable pizza made me wonder about the origin of this place and what they put in the pizza. All of the information I could find was that Spumoni Gardens was founded by Ludovico Barbati in 1939. L&B is now in it's 69th year of operation, and has been family owned and operated from the beginning. Since 1939, it has become a Brooklyn Landmark. The times have changed, but not at L&B. Generations later... the Italian Ices and Spumoni Grandpa sold off his horse drawn wagon are still the same. Although I will most likely never find out how this wonderful pizza is created, I look forward to enjoying it on a regular basis. It really gives me something to look forward to every week!! Yummy!! You should all go and get some!!

No comments: