Monday, April 21, 2008

Enchanted Dreams...







I remember when I was a little girl, I loved to pretend that I was a Disney princess. My favorite princess was Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I was in my glory the first time my parents took me to Disny World in Orlando, Florida. All I kept thinking to myself was that I was really going to meet Belle!! That glorious day came when my family and I were walking through the park and we saw Belle standing under a tree taking pictures with other little girls. I waited my turn in line and she finally turned to me and asked me what my name was. I was so excited that I couldnt even answer her, so my mother told her that my name was Alyssa. She gave me a big hug and told me that I was a beautiful little girl and to always stay as sweet as you are. As a five- year- old, this was a very important event in my life. For the entire rest of the trip, all I could think about was how I got to meet Princess Belle. Now fourteen years later, instead of thinking about meeting princesses,I think about Walt Disney himself and how he was able to create such a magical place where dreams really can come true. My five-year-old dream of meeting Belle came true, and I'm sure a lot of other people's dreams came true as well. I was curious to find out how this all started, so I looked it up. I found that, like everything, this magical place started out as a dream. In 1955, Walt Disney's dream became a reality. "Disneyland Park, his vision of a magical destination where families could come together to create memories that last a lifetime, opened its doors to the world. See the original classic attractions, entertainment, dining and shopping that has inspired and continues to inspire generations of imagination and enchantment." Not only has Walt Disney created this magical theme park, but wonderful and unforgettable movies that speak to your heart. For example, from such classics as Fantasia, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast to more current additions such as Ratatouille and one of my favorites Enchanted. Along with the theme park and movies, Walt Disney created some characers that will forever be remembered such as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald DUck, Goofy. I would have to say that Walt Disney World really is a magical place where dreams come true that I can't wait to take my future children to. It is more than a theme park or a movie, it is almost a right of passage and a legacy that will last forever.

No comments: